Admiralty bronze 200/200,
Ambient Sea Water,
The original sea water volute pumps were suffering severe corrosion and cavitation. The pumps would require refurbishing and machining to original profile.
Volute after blasting Impeller eye coated External coating completed
We recommended the use of RB 300 series @ 1200μm nominal thickness and top coat with 2 coats of RP 500 @ 300μm
- Pre machine critical dimensions
- Abrasive blast to ISO 8501-1 cleanliness standard with a minimum 75μm profile.
- Mask and protect all area not to be coated
- Application of 2 coats of RB 300 series
- Application of RP 500 in two coats to improve fluid efficiency
- Post machine to allow re-assembly
- Balance impeller as required
Some engineering changes were made to the strainer system prior to the installation of these three sea water volute pumps. Coupled with our coating system, these pumps can now expect long term protection -with minimal maintenance. Tube sheets, pipe-work and many other components have been protected using similar methods both on site and within our fully equipped workshop located in Wollongong.