Chemcote was contracted to apply acid protection to a newly constructed delivery and storage tank bund. We developed a comprehensive acid-resistant and anti-slip solution that provides the owner long-term peace of mind and ensures this asset will be protected for years to come.
Primer – Damp-Crete RH 800
Finish – Epo-Chem RF 500
98% Sulphuric Acid
The asset owner required internal protection for their new 500m² delivery bund and storage tank area.
1. Acid etch all surfaces to be coated to achieve a suitable ‘key” for coatings application.
2. Thoroughly rinse all surfaces to neutralize the surface prior to the application of coatings.
3. Apply one coat of RH 800 @ 100µm DFT.
4. Repair cracks and holes using compatible epoxy filler
5. Apply one coat of RF 500 Blue @ 250µm DFT – 300µm DFT
6. One coat of RF 500 Grey @ 200µm DFT – 250µm DFT whilst introducing a non-slip medium during application.
7. Finish with one full coat of RF 500 Grey @ 150µm DFT – 200µm DFT