Mild Steel Structure,
Epo-chem™ RS 500P –Wet & Rust tolerant 100% solids epoxy,
Epo-chem™ RA 500 – Wet & Rust tolerant glass flake filled 100% solids epoxy,
Waste Water Effluent – pH 9,
To provide a cost effective coating system offering a long-term anti-corrosion solution that will ensure in excess of 15 years’ service life for an aerobic reactor.
Plant in operation Corroded Floor Application of top coat
We recommended priming with RS 500P, followed by RA 500 top coat.
- Abrasive blast to AS 1627.4 with a nominal 50-75µm profile.
- Application of 1 coat of RS 500P with a nominal DFT of 60-100µm.
- Check film thickness in a grid pattern (between coats)
- Strip coat using RA 500 Series on all welds and changes in direction to ensure coverage.
- Application of 1 coat of RA 500 Series with a nominal total DFT of 300µm.
- Carry out holiday test at 1.5kV to ensure no faults.
- Demobilise from site and removal of trade waste
Application costs for the aerobic reactor were kept to a minimum as the specified coating systems, RS 500P & RA 500 both feature moisture tolerant qualities during application. For this reason humidity and dew point are not a concern, negating the need for de-humidification. The coating system is easy to maintain with an expected life in excess of 15 years.
Speak To A Specialist Now!