HVAC, Power Generation, Oil & Gas,
Up to 60°C Recirculated Water,
The condenser unit was manufactured in 1981 and installed shortly after. There was some metal loss in localised areas across the tube sheet and some of the tube to sheet interface was affected. It was also found that some tubes were leaking out onto the tube sheet.
Osmosis blisters Corrosion pitting Refurbished tube sheets
We recommended coating with RP 500, an epoxy coating utilising very robust ceramic technology. RP 500 provides a hard wearing, abrasion resistant impermeable barrier to provide long term protection in this environment.
- Abrasive blast to AS1627.4, 75 µm nominal profile and removal of all existing coating
- Application of RP 500 in one coat at 250 µm, perform Wet Film Thickness test to ensure proper coverage
- Pit fill to provide a smooth finish and coating continuity
- Application of second coat of RP 500 at a total nominal thickness of 500 µm
- Perform wet film thickness test to ensure proper coverage.
Chemco was able to refurbish the tube sheets within the strict time frame given by the client. This application will provide at least 10 years of condenser corrosion protection.
Speak To A Specialist Now!