This heat exchanger vessel was manufactured in 1981 and installed shortly after. Fatigue cracking was found in some welds and localised corrosion was discovered on the tube bundle guides. The unit was exposed to inclement weather.
We recommended coating with our moisture and surface tolerant epoxy RS 500P as a primer. Finishing with a top coat of RA 532, a glass-flake filled epoxy solvent-free system. This protective coating system will with provide long term protection in this environment.
- Identify damaged areas and check existing specification thickness
- Bristle blast damaged surface area
- Solvent wipe and square off using masking tape
- Application of RS 500P in one coat to a nominal DFT of 100µm
- Application of RA 532 in one coat to a minimum DFT of 250µm
Chemco was able to carry out the repairs to the internals of the heat exchanger vessel within the strict time frame provided by the client. This application will provide at least 10 years of corrosion free service.
Speak To A Specialist Now!