Admiralty bronze 200/200,
Chem-tect™ RB 300 – Glassflake filled vinyl ester,
Ceram-chem™ RP 500 – Ceramic filled epoxy designed to improve lumber flow,
Ambient Sea Water,
Original pumps were suffering severe corrosion and cavitation.
Chemco Australia’s Solution:
We recommended the use of RB 300 series @ 1200μm nominal thickness and top coat with 2 coats of RP 500 @ 300μm.
- Pre machine critical dimensions
- Abrasive blast to ISO 8501-1 cleanliness standard with a minimum 75μm profile.
- Mask and protect all area not to be coated
- Application of 2 coats of RB 300 series
- Application of RP 500 in two coats to improve fluid efficiency
- Post machine to allow re-assembly
- Balance impeller as required
Some engineering changes were made to the strainer system prior to the installation of these 3 pumps. Coupled with our coating system, these pumps can now expect long term protection – with minimal maintenance. Tube sheets, pipe-work and many other components have been protected using similar methods both on site and within our fully equipped workshop located in Wollongong.
Speak To A Specialist Now!