Cast iron Impeller,
Chem-tect™ RB 300 series,
The internals of the impeller were badly corroded and required refurbishment. A replacement impeller would take up to 12 weeks and the client required a fast turnaround. The challenge was to refurbish the current impeller and rebuild it to its original profile, machine critical tolerances and balance, in as short a time as possible.
1st abrasive blast 2nd abrasive blast Coated, machined, balanced
We recommended the use of RB 300 series @ 1200μm nominal thickness and subsequently balanced to the required grade. The RB 300 series provides excellent impeller protection against corrosion and abrasion.
- Protect critical dimensions by masking
- Pre-abrasive blast to remove graphitised metal
- Hot pressure wash and re-grit blast to ISO 8501-1 cleanliness standard with a minimum 75μm profile
- Application of 3 coats of RB 300 providing peace of mind for at least the next 10 years
- Post machine critical tolerances and balance
With Chemco Australia’s RB 300 series application providing long term impeller protection from corrosion, many other components have been refurbished using similar methods both on site and within our fully equipped workshop.
Speak To A Specialist Now!