Carbon steel (20mm thick)
Recirculated salt water 60°C with fine particles
Carry out inspection to internal lining as the work carried out overseas was not to standard as per QA documentation, carry out repairs to internal lining.
We recommended RB 332, glassflake filled vinyl ester, for its quick cure time, low moisture vapour transmission rate, and excellent corrosion and electrical isolation protection in wet environments. This coating is known to provide excellent long term corrosion/erosion resistance for this environment.
- Abrasive blasting to remove dense residue
- Potassium Ferrous Cyanide to determine surface cleanliness
- Grinding and weld repairs to perforations. Re-abrasive blast where necessary.
- 1st coat of RB 332 sprayed on to highlight pitting
- DFT checks done after first coat and pit filling
- Re-abrasive blasted floor to remove surface corrosion
- Further pit filling to ensure quality coating
- Top coat applied
As a result of the fast cure and good project management, the demister was back in service on time despite various delays. Coating was completed to client’s expectations and future scheduled inspections and additional tests will give a good indication of lifespan extension of demister.